Every Home Can Be a Feast for Termites
You don’t have to live in a log home to be susceptible to termite damage. There’s plenty of wood for termites to make meals out of in the average home, including concrete block homes!
Multiple Ways to Get Inside
Termites can enter your home in a number of ways; they can swarm from a neighboring building or tree, they can enter through cracks in your foundation or even follow underground utility and plumbing lines through your home’s foundation and slab.
- Mulch or soile leve above grade
- Wood to ground contact or siding/stucco below grade
- Cracks in slab or foundation
- Crawlspace or basement with high humidity
- Sprinkler water contacting structure and/or collecting at foundation
- Low areas around home that commonly collect or pool water
- High moisture in or around home
- Vegetation or landscaping close to foundation
- Past or current plumbing leaks or roof leaks